Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Beginning of the End

I always have mixed emotions as I begin to finish up a quilt.  There is that wonderful feeling of accomplishment as you complete that "first finish."  It's so great to see the blocks come together in sections and then the sections come together in a quilt top.

I finished the side panels to the center medallion tonight.  This is the left one...





And this is the right one.



I was a little nervous about the dark material I picked out as the setting triangles and squares.  It's a Henry Glass print from Buggy Barn and it is several years old.  I purchased it during my very first Paducah trip.  It was also one of the misprints in the books and I needed at least a quarter yard more than I purchased. 

Thank God for EBay.  I found one  yard of the same print and whipped out my debit card so fast it would make your head spin.  The backgrounds for the applique blocks are a print and then the dark fabric is also a print. However, since the print on the darker fabric is larger than the print I used for the applique backgrounds, the composition maintains balance.  I think the teals and smoky blues are a nice combination with the pinks and peaches.

Here's how it looks put together for the middle of the quilt.

Two more strips to put together and add the borders and then I will get it to the long arm artist!

Meanwhile, my the entry way to my house looks like this



Hmmmmm wonder what that means?

Love and Stitches....
Sherri




No comments:

Post a Comment