Saturday, April 4, 2015

I'm All Thumbs...

I started this week with great intentions.  Fresh off the Pigeon Forge trip, I was ready to get a good start on several projects.  Monday went pretty well.  I finished my Guild's block of the month and my part of April's Round Robin. 

Then Tuesday happened.  My cold was  going away.  I got up early.  I finished my housework before I left for the office.  All was well in my world.  Then this....



Somehow or another I got my thumb in the way of the car door when I shut it. 
 
Yes, it hurt.
 
It bled like crazy and it was swollen and sore and looks completely nasty without the bandage.  I have antibiotics (cream and pills) and it has definitely slowed me down this week.  Cutting out things takes me twice as long and sewing too long is painful. 
 
And for right now, I can completely forget hand sewing.  I had no idea just how much I used my left thumb until I couldn't .  Do you have any idea how hard it is to crack an egg open without your left hand?
 
Or zip up your pants?
 
Or hold a rotary ruler steady?
 
However, I did manage to make this  on Friday...
 
And managed to cut out these for a future project:
 




As pitiful little as this is, it was about all I could manage for this week. 

I really hope that next week is better and I don't damage any other part of my body. 

Love and Stitches,

Sherri
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment