Thursday, April 14, 2016

Progress Report

Life isn't slowing down much on my end...

I'm working at the quilt shop this week and am pushing to get caught up on everything.  I am so thankful I'm in my new, larger quilt room so I can spread out and really see what I'm doing.  I'm still behind from the time I spent in Lancaster and am forcing myself to get back on schedule.  So this week's feature are the blocks I completed for my Farmer's Wife quilt.







I've got enough made now that I can start putting some of the rows together.

I also promised that I would share more pictures from the Lancaster AQS Show, which I haven't gotten around to yet.  I would like to share the following picture with you.  This quilt won first place in Best Use of Color:

The quilt is by Tim Latimer.  And you're first reaction might be to wonder why it took first place in that category.  The colors appear muted.  I have to admit, that was my first reaction.

Then I took a close-up look at the quilt. All that color is created by thousands and thousands of tiny, even hand quilting stitches.

What a breathtakingly awesome job!

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment