Friday, February 26, 2016

Still Flipping Rooms....and thanking God for IKEA


Happy Weekend!

I’m still working hard on my quilt room.

I’ve nearly completely cleaned out my old quilt room bagged and tagged four bags of trash, stacked books into three piles – keep, give to my guild, these gotta go to Goodwill.  See this?
 
I’ve discovered I have a thread fetish as well as a ruler fetish.  And these are all either piecing or machine applique thread spools.  I don’t have nearly as many spools of quilting thread.
Here’s how my new room looks so far…
Yes that would be a wine glass next to the computer...it's been a hard week.

I’ve still got to hang some quilts and I need to purchase a portable design wall thank God I’m going to the Lancaster AQS show in three weeks. 

The fabric that was a yard or less has been wrapped and pinned around comic book inserts thank God for Amazon.com.  The yardage that is over a yard  has been flat-folded.  They’re all sorted by color, except for the Feed Sacks and the Thirties Reproduction fabric I have.  It’s been sorted according to color and put in boxes by themselves – keeping the real Feed Sacks separate from the “fake” ones. 
I’m not ashamed to admit, I have almost five hundred pieces of fabric that have been folded around the inserts.  My stash is tame by some folks I know.  Storage is now the issue, and I did see some closet organizer that popped up on my Facebook feed that would work perfectly.  Each section has three baskets that pull out  and each basket would hold three rows of the inserts.  I believe a trip to IKEA is in my near future so what if we just went last weekend?  And if I can’t get there, they do ship. As soon as this dilemma is taken care of, I will post more pictures of “the room.”

In the meanwhile, I’ve still managed to get a few things pieced.  Here are some more blocks for my Farmer’s Wife Quilt.




 

And here’s the first block of Purrfectly Pieced.  I still need to add the buttons for the eyes and some whiskers.
 

I can only clean out so long before I have to work on my quilts.

Love and Stiches….

Sherri
...and Sam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment