Thursday, January 28, 2016

Proof and Chocolate Pudding


There is an old saying; “The proof is in the pudding.”

Frankly, I’ve never been sure what that means.  And pudding has never stayed around my house long enough for me to figure it out – especially if it’s chocolate pudding.  What kind of proof does pudding need?

For the last couple of weeks my blog has been all about finishing projects, working your schedule so you can finish projects, and moving forward.  It’s been very verbal, so this week it has more pictures – the proof that I do take finishing seriously and do actually complete my projects.


The picture below is my Amish with a Twist quilt.  The pattern in by Nancy Rink.  This sucker is huge – somewhere between a queen and king.  Originally I had thought I would quilt it on my Juki 2010Q, but I think this may be long-arm-artist-worthy.
 
This is a close up of the applique.  I machine appliqued the flowers, stems, and leaves.

 


The Quilt History Club I belong to did a Mystery Quilt this year.  I completed my last block on New Year’s Eve and put it together during North Carolina’s Snow Meggadan last weekend.  This is a wall-hanging-sized quilt.  I will quilt this one on my Juki 2010Q.

 

And finally I did start a new project.  I’ve always wanted to make the Farmer’s Wife Quilt (1920).  There was a class that started this quilt as a BOM at Dragonfly, so I  signed up.  These are the blocks I’ve completed so far.





 

I will have more next week.  If you’re in North Carolina this week, the Statesville Quilt Show is this weekend.  Come see me at Dragonfly’s booth!

 

Love and Stitches…

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment