Sunday, August 9, 2015

It's Been One of Those Weeks..

It started with a cold...

The granddarlings decided to give me another cold.  I've been miserable, but had so much going on that I could not take the time to be sick.  So yes, I had plans for the blog even though I wasn't feeling well.

Then my computer got sick.  According to my son-in-law, who is all things technical, it was a common issue with Windows 8.  However, the "fix" took off all the applications I had put on...like EQ7 and Dear Jane...and QuickBooks.

"No sweat..." or so I thought, because my laptop is backed up by Carbonite. 

I  have come to learn that things in my life are never as simple as what I believe them to be.  The Carbonite software wouldn't download from the Cloud and frankly, their customer service sucks.  Meanwhile, I have three meetings and email and well, you get the picture.

So originally, this blog was supposed to be about starches, Best Press, and prewashing fabrics.  Instead, this is a public service announcement about why I really don't have a blog this week.

I did finally get the Carbonite software to do its thing and fourteen hours later my laptop was up and running.  I had to reload QuickBooks and EQ7 and then try to remember who I had loaned my Dear Jane software to.  I did get that back and now Jane is on the laptop again. 

So my laptop is all well again...

And I still have a cold....

Until next week.

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment