Thursday, July 16, 2015

If Idle Hands are the Devil's Workshop...

Then I have no need to worry.

I've been busy, busy, busy and this fall looks even busier!  But I love to be busy with quilts, so  I don't see a problem with this.   So let me get you caught up on some of the projects that I've been working on.



Remember I shared that I had started a Double Wedding Ring Quilt.  Here is where I left you last...

 
Since that time I have started putting the other side on, as well as one of the two-and-a-half inch squares that will form the four-patches.

 

Here are what my centers look like.  It may be difficult to tell with these pictures, but the centers and melons are a light yellow.


 
This may give you an idea of what the quilt will look like.  I love the colors!  This quilt makes me happy ... it's so bright!

 I've finished the center square of my Dear Jane and have started working on the triangles and kites.  These are very different than the four-and-a-half inch squares.  I think they're harder, they often have more pieces, and triangles just require a different skill set than the squares.  They take more time, too.
And here are two squares from my guild's history club's mystery quilt.  Every month our leader, Susan, gives us directions for a block.  The next month we have to return to our meeting with the block completed and give her the name of the block.  We get points for making the squares and finding out the squares name.  The person that completes the blocks, puts the quilt together and quilts and binds it will win a prize.  Needless to say, with our guild's competitive quilters, this is quite a contest.

So that's what I've been up to this month...I still have a lot to do, but there's a lot happening in my life right now. 

Love and Stitches....

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete