Friday, July 10, 2015

And Thursday We Met....

The second Thursday night of every month is my guild meeting....

And since last week the blog had no pretty pictures, just lots of good information, I decided to show you all the pictures I took of the members' show and tell.  We have show and tell at every meeting and it's hands down my favorite "regular" thing.  The men and women I quilt with are so very, very talented and I am always so inspired by what they show.

 This is Alicia's Tumbling Block quilt. We had a Square-in-a-Square workshop with Gloria Stickney a few weeks back and this is one of the workshops she offered.  Alicia took it and this is her top.  It's not quite finished, but the colors are beautiful!
 Since it is July, members were encouraged to bring patriotic quilts that they have done. This is Shelly's flag quilt.  It as made in the early '90's and was her first experience with fusible web.
 Yes...this is the back of a quilt.  I wish I had thought to bring my big camera, but all I had was the camera on my cell phone. Marty made the this at a charity quilt workshop we had (we make chemo quilts for the cancer patients at Hayworth Cancer Center at High Point Regional Hospital).  The picture below is the front of the quilt.  It's a nice quilt, but what sets it apart is Shelly's quilting.  Our guild is blessed with several member who are either really good with quilting on a domestic machine or have a mid- or long-arm.  Shelly has a long arm and free-motioned beautiful flowers in each square of the quilt.  This made a rather plain quilt just "pop."

 Doris brought her flag quilt made from a Fons and Porter kit.  Doris is one of the most talented and prolific quilters I know.
 Doris also had the beautiful Dresdan Plate quilt.  She just recently finished this one.  Last year we had the Pizza Girls in for a workshop and this is one of their patterns.  I just love these colors!
 This is also a quilt that Doris recently finished for her brother. It's a Hawaiian quilt that's dark blue and white. 
 Lisa brought this quilt made of teeny-tiny tumblers that she pieced and quilted.  I don't think the tumblers were larger than two inches. This chick has patience.
 Our First Vice President, Susan, is not only a quilter, but also a pattern designer.  There are two small flag quilts she designed and quilted.
And here is an eagle quilt she made.  Susan designs and makes only small quilts.

I hope the pretty pictures this week make up for the lack of pretty pictures last week!  And I hope you find the same sense of inspiration and awe in the show and tell!

Love and Stitches~
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment