Thursday, February 26, 2015

Oh the Weather Outside....

It snowed last night.

Lots of it.

I knew it was coming and to us North Carolinians, a half-inch of the stuff is enough to send us screaming for the grocery store and close up everything for the day.

Last night we got about six inches of the white, fluffy stuff, so here are my obligatory snow pictures...





It's beautiful and wonderful but it really puts a kink in my "to do" list if that involves errands. 

Now back to our regular quilting business.

First of all, if you're working on At Piece with Time, please read this next part very carefully.  There is a MAJOR error in the directions that involve putting the quilt together.  On page 72, under the section labeled Setting Triangles, the part that is labeled "E" you need to cut the squares 15 3/8-inches,  NOT what it states in the book.

My good friend Nancy Blanchard caught this last week and gave me the heads up on it.  Unfortunately for Nancy, she caught this one through experience and nearly didn't have enough of her material to finish her quilt.  This also means that for the dark setting squares and triangles, you need to purchase 2 1/4-yards of fabric instead of just two.

I really, really hope I caught this in time for everyone to correct this before they were too much into putting the quilt together.  I have not gotten that far into the construction of my quilt top, but wasn't too far behind it.  I hopefully will applique the last leaves onto my setting triangles tonight.  My Blazing Star center is cut out and as soon as my granddarlings go home for the evening (they're spending their snow day with Mimi), I will put that together.

I got so much done last week!  I got the center of my Peppermint Place put together....


I managed to get all the letters on my mini-quilt for the Jamestown Library fused on and appliqued down...
And stitched all of Charlotte's webs and Charlotte herself.

Hopefully the rest of the critters will have eyes and noses by the end of next week and I can get the wall in place.  Then it will simply be the matter of quilting it all up and handing if off to Karen.

I have also started the Country Inn Quilt and have just about got the first block of that done. 


I don't think I have ever needle-turned such big pieces before.  And the blocks seem so huge compared to what I normally piece.  I am using the freezer paper on top method to do the applique.  I honestly didn't know if I would like working with such big pieces, but I really love it.  And it's so much faster than the little pieces that I normally work with. 

I hope to have more notes on the center square for At Piece with Time next week.  March is going to be a crazy busy month!

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment