Thursday, February 19, 2015

It's Cold and Colds

There is a reason the Good Lord decided that I needed to live in the South.

I'm sure actually there are many reasons...sweet tea, cold beer, great barbeque joints, good music, terrific quilt shops, etc., etc, but the primary reason is the temperatures.  We usually don't have really cold weather for any amount of time.  We may have a cold snap and then the temperatures will quickly moderate into the 40's even in the deepest part of winter. 

And if it snows, everything closes and you make a mad run for the Teeter to get milk, bread, coffee, and wine.  You pray the power stays on and you set yourself up for a good time of quilting and imbibing.

However....we're having a little cold snap right now that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate cold weather?  Canada, you can take your jet streamed cold front back now. 

When I got up this morning, it was 8 degrees.

Eight.  Degrees.

Factor in the wind chill and it feels like -2.

There is something seriously wrong with this picture.

And have I mentioned I hate cold weather?

This little cold snap will moderate this weekend and then make a repeat performance the first of next week. 

Florida has never looked so good, but it's only 50 degrees today in the Keyes. 

Sit and Sew was cancelled Tuesday due to ice, my guild Show and Tell pictures are on my Ipad that is not with me, so I decided to share some lovely fabric today to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy.

Mainly warm.





No plans for any of the above except the last one.  I'm taking a class in April with Kim Diehl and think I will use that one for the border.

In the midst of the cold, my granddarlings gave me a cold.  I've had it a week and feel miserable.  So it's cold and I have a bad cold.  I'm no longer sure if my chills are legitimate or are viral induced. 

And for those of you that have been asking about Carl, no he hasn't caught the moles yet.  I haven't seen him but a couple of times since Canada gifted us with these temps, but he's still here...waiting and watching.

I still hate cold weather.

Keep warm....

Love and Stitches...

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment