Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Harvest Bouquet and the Blazing Star

We're in the home stretch now....

I have finally finished appliqueing the setting triangles for the Blazing Star.  They consisted of lots of tiny pieces and doing most of the applique items four times, but they're finally done!


Not  bad if I do say so myself. 

As you begin construction on the Blazing Star, remember that this quilt block must come out 16 1/2-inches unfinished.  This is pretty basic construction.   Start with a pinwheel and be careful about the way you press your seams so that they nest and the points meet.

Note that the center seam is pressed open.  This reduces bulk so when you quilt it you won't be so difficult to needle it (whether you hand quilt or machine quilt).  Then there is a series of setting triangles that go around the pinwheel.




Then add on the sides and top and bottom and it's complete.
Next I need to add the mitered border around the Blazing Star, then the Harvest Bouquet setting triangles and start putting the rest of the quilt together. 

Because of the error in the setting triangles on page 72, I may have to purchase new fabric for those.  Maybe.  I'm going to try my best to use it because it ties everything together so nicely.  If I do have to use some other material, I will tuck the other away and use it for something else. 

Have fun putting the Blazing Star together.  It's simple piecing and should go together quickly.

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment