Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Life is Short....

I'm not ready to share the completed Churn Dash quilt block yet.  I'm still working on the applique.  However, I did get my friendly, little scarecrow completed.  He and his friend the crow will go into a box and wait for the next Round Robin at Guild.  This pattern is by Kelly Mueller and it was in the September/October 2013 edition of Fons and Porter Magazine.


I added the mouth and the eyes and the buttons on his coat.

Over a year ago I started another applique quilt called Hop to It.  The pattern is by Edyta Sitar.  I love her patterns.  I have another one, Spring Bouquet, that I want to start as soon as I can.  Hop has been slow-going.  I bought the fabric and have become increasingly frustrated with my color scheme.  It's just really "not me."  However, I have too much money invested in the fabric to change it now.  As a result, I'm still winging my way through the blocks and one day it will be done.  This project is the one I throw in the car for Sit and Sew or when we take a road trip.  Here are the blocks I've finished.  There is a LOT of white space in these blocks, but they will be cut down before I add the sashing.





Life is too short to get frustrated with a color scheme.  I'm just going to go with it.  Life is too short to get frustrated with a lot of things.  Remember that.  In the past few weeks we've heard about a plane full of people that simply disappeared and folks in Washington state that were buried in a mudslide.  Those are two things I've never thought much about.  It has heartbreakingly shown me that life is just too short to hold grudges or not be passionate about the things and people that you love.  None of us are really guaranteed the next hour, let alone the next year.  Do what you love with part of your life.  I hate my "real" job, but I am passionate about quilts, quilters, and quilting.  And I'm lucky that so far that has worked well.  Spend time with the people you love.  Avoid the ones that are a real pain in the rear.

Without passion, life is truly short-changed and ill-lived.  Most weeks I find myself just hanging on until Friday and spending most of Sunday dreading Monday.  I need to learn to be thankful that I have lived to face another Monday.

Hold on to the passion you have with quilting....be thankful that you've lived to quilt another day...

Love and Stitches...

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment