Sunday, March 16, 2014

Robins, Robins Everywhere....

Wow.  What a difference a week makes!  Last  weekend we lost power and was without lights and heat.  This weekend  it’s bright and sunny 60 -- for the most part.  We've been able to get up a large number  of our branches.  We still have a small tree down in our backyard that we need to clean up, but the robins are loving it so much,  I think I’m going to put that off until the neighbors complain!  Thankfully I live in an area that doesn't have an HOA, so the eight robins and three cardinals I see in it right now are free to enjoy it a while longer.


The days without power have really put me behind in everything  from Spring cleaning to working on my quilts.  I've almost completed the fourth block in At  Piece with Time.  That block has a lot of a applique and the pieces are really tiny.  It’s  a beautiful block, and since I am teaching it, I’m following the directions pretty closely.  However, if I wasn't teaching it, I would alter the applique to something a little simpler.  I hope to have it ready to show by next week.

So this week, I want to show you a couple of things from my guild – the High Point Quilt Guild.  First, we got to  show our finished Round Robins this week!  I’m always so excited to see  the completed ones.  Remember what my original center looked like?


Well, here’s the finished product!  I love all the colors!  So bright and cheerful!




Annnnd this is the center for my next Round Robin. 


Quite a difference.

I love Log Cabin Quilts.  They are just so versatile.  The strips in this one are super-narrow and I paper-pieced them to keep them nice and straight.   

Annnndddd speaking of paper-piecing,  fellow guild member, Judy Poteat and I, taught a paper-piecing workshop at guild meeting  /Thursday night.  It was so much fun and everyone seemed to have a good time.  When we surveyed our members last year,  an overwhelming number of wanted to learn paper-piecing. Some of the ladies donated their blocks to the guild’s charity quilt program.  One of our members will take these…



And make a lap quilt for a chemo patient at High Point Regional Hospital.

I am sorry this blog is a little late this time.  Normally I really try hard to post at least one blog a week on Thursday.  However, my "real" job this week really was...."something."  I was ready to run out of there Thursday and  never go back.  In my haste to escape to sanity, I forgot my power cord to my laptop and had to wait until I could retrieve it today.

Love and Stitches....

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment