Monday, December 23, 2013

Finished Piecing my Glacier Star!!!!!

My mentor, Ellen Freeman, has stated that each quilt is always finished twice.  The first finish is when you complete the top.  The second finish is when it's quilted and bound.  I just completed my Glacier Star's first finish.  I began this quilt in January 2011 and finished the center that same year in a Judy Neimyer class led by Lucille Amos at Dragonfly Quilt Shop.  I purchased the extension patterns to make it a queen-sized quilt and on my trip to Lancaster, PA for the 2012 AQS Show, I purchased the additional fabric.

I'm proud and pleased and happy and a little sad, too.  I really enjoyed making this top, despite the kazillion flying geese in it.  I've already purchased three more Judy Neimyer patterns.  They are the BEST paper piecing quilt patterns I've ever used.

And as soon as Christmas is over, this is going out to the longarm quilters....


No comments:

Post a Comment