Friday, June 17, 2016

Room to Breathe .. or Moving In...

IT’S FINISHED!!

Or as finished as it’s gonna get for the moment….

Most of you know that my quilt studio has been a work in progress for a couple of years.  First the DH had it as his “man-cave” until I twisted his arm he decided to give it to me as my quilt studio.  Then my daughter and her husband and the two granddarlings borrowed it for about six months until they could figure out where they wanted to live.

So needless to say, it has been a long time coming.  I’ve been working on it since the end of February.  It simply wasn’t a process of moving everything in; it was a process of reorganizing and reprioritizing.  The shelves that stored all my fabric was a wire mesh contraption that the DH had used in one of his man caves offices and it was nearing the end of its usefulness it was held together by faith, prayer, duct tape, pixie dust, and a cane.  Yes.  You heard me right, a cane.  So new shelving had to be gotten. 


I doubled by floor space with the new studio, so my tiny, little sewing table had to go.  I now have two six foot tables, and my original sewing table.




I cleaned out a file cabinet that was full of stuff I had used when I taught school you know, back when we wrote on chalk boards instead of white boards and lesson plans were actually done on paper and filed my patterns in it please don’t ask if they’re in alphabetical order.


See that big, clear space on the back wall with the two outlets?  That’s where my long arm is going eventually. 


Now I know what all you are asking…especially the ones that really know me.  “Sherri…that can’t be all your project boxes.”

Well you would be right….here’s the rest of them.



I am lucky enough to have a small storage room next to the studio where all the boxes are stored. Don’t judge.  My blog is a guilt-free zone.

I have been productive.  I’ve finished two quilts since I’ve had the new studio.  I have two original quilts floating around in my head and have picked out my next applique adventure.
Love and Stitches,


Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment