Saturday, November 14, 2015

Praying for France


So I had planned to discuss marking tools on this week’s blog.  I had the outline and the pictures listed that I wanted to take.

Then Friday night happened, and suddenly that topic was no longer important or interesting.

I remember 9/11 vividly.  I was teaching middle school when my pager started going off like crazy – my husband, my mother, parents.  I was wondering what in the world was happening.  I couldn’t use my cell phone because it was against the rules to have it on in class without a really good reason.

Another teacher came to my classroom door and told me the first tower was hit. In the span of a few short minutes, the world as I knew it and my students knew it had turned upside down.  Life would never be the same again.

Yesterday afternoon while I was working at Dragonfly, my cell phone began to alert me to news messages about Paris, but it wasn’t until I got home about 6 p.m. that I fully understood what was going on – that France now had their version of the World Trade Center and an open field in Pennsylvania. 

This blog is not for political or religious points of view, per say, but it does serve as a vehicle to offer instruction as well as optimism and hope.  I’m afraid I’m running a little low on the optimism part this week, but I am full of hope.

Hope that those injured will recover.

Hope that those who need to leave France to come home will be able to do so.  Soon.

Hope that somehow one of the world leaders will be able to deal with these terrorists accordingly.

Hope in a Savior who has things totally under control, when the world seems completely out of control.

Meanwhile, I know a lot of us that quilt have time to think and pray as we do so.  There is rarely a day I don’t pour out my heart as I stitch.  Now as I do so, I will add the citizens of France to that list. 

I ask that you do the same.

 

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment