Thursday, June 4, 2015

Getting My Tops On....

For those of you who worked on At Piece with Time with me, I got my center together week before last...


I really like the way the teal setting triangles and squares made the blocks pop.  I am looking for a coral color for the inner border and already have my outer border fabric.  I'll go fabric shopping next week.  But I'm very pleased that this part is complete.

Now, those of you that know me or have followed my blog for awhile know that about three years ago, I undertook a Jane Journey.  Several of us at Dragonfly's Tuesday Night Sit and Sew decided to make a Dear Jane Quilt.  Of that group, two have completely finished and I'm coming in a distant third.  Every week, for at least one day a week, I would complete at least one Dear Jane block.  Some weeks I would do two or more if the blocks were easy.  When I would go on a trip, I would pack several of the blocks that required applique. 

So here it is, a good three years  and 169 4.5 x 4.5-inch blocks later, I have my center.


My Jane is made out of feedsack reproduction fabric.  I'm not hype on the Civil War reproduction fabric that is normally used.  It's a little too dark for my liking.  I have started working on the kites and triangles for the border, but that work, like the blocks will be slow and steady.

For those of you that have been so kind as to ask, my cold is better.  I'm still a little congested, but overall I feel much better.  And the thumb that had the up close and personal experience with my car door is better too.  It's just about completely healed.  I don't even wear the bandage any longer at home.  The nail has just got to grow out a little more.

Next week I hope to have a completed quilt to show you. 

Until then, Love and Stitches...

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment