Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Here....

So the tree arrived last Tuesday.  I am an avid fan and customer of Backyard Produce and I can pre-order my Christmas tree from them in November.  The first week of December it arrives at my door ready to drag in the house and set up in the stand.

This is a wonderful service to all married women who like me, has a husband that would rather go for his yearly physical than be dragged all over town looking for that perfect tree.  And yes, I've gone the route of purchasing an artificial tree and trying to get him to participate in putting the tree up.

Again, I will refer you to the yearly physical exam thing.

Wednesday we had the grand darlings over and they helped decorate the tree.  The oldest "E" is almost two which means the ornaments were on the tree, not past my knee level.  It took some persuading (because we all know how cooperative almost two year-olds are), to move some to the back and to the top of the tree.

But fun was had by all. Especially the adults who had hot chocolate and Baileys....

 The kids had cup cakes....






 This last Christmas ornament was made by a wonderful friend of mine, Joann Cloer.  She's in my Tuesday night Sit and Sew and in the High Point Guild.  It has a special place near the top of my tree. 
It's a busy time of year, and I am helping out quite a bit with my guild's 2015 Raffle Quilt.  We're using Sue Garmon's pattern, Ruffled Roses -- with her permission and blessing.  Between that and just the busy-ness that comes this time of year, not a whole lot of quilting is going my way.  I am getting woefully behind! 


But I have plans for 2015.  I will "pass the baton" of guild presidency to Angie Peele.  Being president was a job that I loved with all my heart and truly gave it everything I had, but it seriously eats into your quilting time!  Traditionally, Thursday nights were the evenings I gave to the bee that I lead and guild work.  And sometimes guild work took a little time everyday of the week if we had something big on the calendar.  I jokingly called it my "second full time job."  Some weeks it was, but I can honestly say it has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.  And the baton is being passed to one of the most capable and organized women I know.  Not to mention that Angie is wonderful quilter.  Her work is simply beautiful and positively perfect. 

With some more free time on my calendar, I hope to get some good pictures of my antique quilts and post those for discussion. 

I also hope to wrap up At Piece with Time.

I also am designing my own quilt for a future Quilt Along. This was on my bucket list.

So...until next week, don't get so busy in the holiday rush that you forget the Reason for the season.

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment