Saturday, September 6, 2014

What a Weekend ...and the Next Block....

Last weekend was wonderful and hectic, but the bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, the weather was sunny, and everything was perfect. 

I'm not going to lie, I shed happy tears because Matt and Anna are so good for each other.

I'm also not going to lie, I shed some sad tears because this is my baby.  The last child to truly fly out of the nest...

In many ways, my job as a mother is over.   I just hope I did well enough at it that both children hit their adulthood strides without too may missteps. 


My Two Children, Meg and Matt
 Matt and Anna
 Matt and Anna
 
I did have time to put together block 10 of At Piece with Time.  This block is called Broken Star, and it's not difficult.  It re-introduces some of the basic techniques that we've gone over before, such as the "magic x."  It's not hard at all, in any areas - not even the applique!
So let me encourage you to finish this block and to push ahead on the setting triangles for the Harvest Block.  We will be there before you know it!

Love and Stitches....

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment