Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Color Check...

It's time to check your colors...

I know we've done this one time before, but we're getting ready to start construction on the eighth block of this quilt!  Can you believe it?  We're over half way through with the small blocks!  I sincerely hope you're working on the setting triangles, because they are coming up fast!

When you're at about a halfway point in a sampler quilt such as this, it's a good idea to lay your blocks out in the order they appear in the quilt.  There will be gaps, obviously, but this will give you a good idea of how you're quilt is going to look....


 
You can see the obvious gaps, but this can give you a pretty clear idea of how the colors are working (nor aren't working) together.
 
This helps you pick out the fabric for the next block, The Rambler.  I know I need to keep using some corals, throw in a couple of blues, and go back to my golds.  I am using some of the first fabrics I picked out for this quilt in the eighth block.
 
 
You may notice that Sam, my gray cat, is in the first picture.  He's an only fur child now.  My yellow cat, Garfield (both of these kitties were featured in my non-quilty blog about shingles and house wrens), passed away from old age two weeks ago.
 
I've lost two fur children in the space of six months.  Loving these sweet critters is easy.  Letting go of them is hard.  I've kept Sam inside for the past several weeks.  He and Garfield were inseparable pals and I don't want Sam getting lonely.  So he stays close and I feed him lots of cat treats. 
 
I made a promise to myself that as my pets cross that Rainbow Bridge, I'm not going to replace them.  I'm 52 and I'm at the point in life where I want to travel freely and not have to worry about them.  But I miss Scooter and Garf tremendously.  They left paw prints on my heart.  So we will see how well I keep this promise.
 
Love and Stitches...
 
Sherri 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment