Thursday, June 26, 2014

Indian Summer -- the First Finish

Ellen Freeman told me that each quilt you make is finished twice.  The first time is when you complete the top.  The second is when it's quilted and you've sewn the binding on.

So my Indian Summer has it's first finish.  I've been working on this quilt for about three years.  Every stitch of the applique is needle turn - and with my work schedule, it's understandable why it took me this long to finish.  I love the colors that I chose for the quilt.  They're different from almost anything else I've used.


Now to buy the backing and batting and get it to Shelle to long arm!

I will start instruction on Block 8, "Hearth and Home" in At Piece with Time next week.  I've had more fun with that block than any so far.  I love the colors I picked out, it goes together really quickly and easily, there aren't too many exposed bias edges, and I absolutely love the applique.  It's all a win-win!

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment