Saturday, November 2, 2013

Drop Everything and Just Quilt! Retreat 2013

It's hard to believe that last week this time I was with 30 of my closest quilting girlfriends and we were having a blast at Haw River State Park and our guild's annual "Drop Everything and Just Quilt!" retreat.  It was wonderful.  I got a lot of little stuff done and the center of a charity quilt.  I put half my Dear Jane put together -- and that was a spiritual journey, friends.  More prayers and tears have gone in that quilt than I care to think about.

Anyway, this blog has a ton of pictures.  So sit back and be ready to be amazed.

This is what my foyer looked like before I loaded up to leave.  Notice the quilting supplies outnumber clothes and make up.  Who cares what you look like on retreat?
And then there are the necessities...Wine....
And food.
We had a lounge to sit  round and talk in....
But mainly lots and lots of room for our machines and frames....
Lots of projects were completed....

























But the one thing that thrilled my heart?  Our guild's warm-hearted generosity.  When some of the ladies discovered that Ranger Kelley's house caught fire earlier in the year, they promptly decided to make her a quilt.  One of the members donated the blocks, some of the others sewed them together, another member quilted it, and then a group of them bound it.

These are pictures of the completed quilt, front and back, and the label.  The final picture is of Ranger Kelley receiving her quilt.

So you can see, the guild is not only comprised of a bunch of ultra-talented women, but also very generous ones!

I promise I will have more to post about At Piece with Time and other burning topics next week...including the quilt that started it all for me.

Until then...

Love and Stitches,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment