Friday, October 23, 2015

Post-Retreat Report


So… the High Point Quilt Guild’s annual “Drop Everything and Just Quilt!” Retreat was last week, hence the reason there was no blog from me.  Instead, I was with 32 other quilters at Haw River State Park, quilting four days away.

Boy, did I have a good time!  And boy, do I love those ladies.  They are sorely missed as this week I had to get back to reality and my “real job.” 

Unfortunately, I have no photos of the retreat.  In the process of getting my things hauled from the DH’s truck to the main room, I left my camera in the cab and by the time I realized it, he was long out of sight.

But trust me when I say a good time was had by all and a lot got done.  I finished three quilt tops, my next round of the Round Robin, sewed over half the strips for my Double Wedding Ring, and almost finished Peppermint Place.

Two of the quilt tops I made were doll quilts for my two grand darlings.  I’m not sure which one will go to Evangeline and which will go to Elli, but there are dolls and doll beds to accompany each of the quilts.  I have one quilt marked and will quilt that one out hopefully this weekend. 
 One of the doll quilts sandwiched and marked for quilting
 Back of the above doll quilt
Second Doll Quilt
Before I left, I did the center square for my Raspberry Swirl flannel quilt.  It’s a fairly simple pattern – the pieces are large and the most complicated technique is half-square triangles. Patterns like this lend themselves very well to flannels as long as the biased edges aren’t exposed until the last minute and the fabric is pressed and not ironed.  There is also some flannel applique involved. Lots of fun stuff!
 

I promise there will be more next week.  I’ve received several suggestions for topics that should be pretty interesting. 

Love and Stitches,

 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment