Friday, October 18, 2013

Everything Old is New Again

I am looking forward to my guild's retreat next week.  I will be happy to get away.  The park where we're staying at is really sort of isolated so cell phone signal is spotty....Yea!  I have to walk to the top of a hill to call Bill every morning and let him know I'm okay and then I'm good for the rest of the day. No phone.  Just the girls and the quilting.  I. Cannot. Wait.

But getting ready for this has really taken up more time than I expected. I feel as if I've gotten nothing done this week.  Which isn't true, but it sure feels like it.  And starting tomorrow afternoon I need to get my projects all lined up and bagged and tagged to take with me.  Theressa and I leave Thursday morning.  

But meanwhile back in my little quilt world, I do have a new possession.  My son was in a thrift store last weekend and happened upon this....
It's an 1887 New Home treadle.  I have sewn on New Homes for 27 years.  This is awesome!  I can't wait to get this Mamie Jane (what it was called in sales brochures) next to "Big Red" -- my New Horizon 7700!

Love and Stitches!

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment