Friday, September 13, 2013

There's Going to be a Meeting...

And there was.  As a matter of fact, there were two meetings for me this week.  And a lunch. The first meeting was with The Applique Society -- this is the national applique group that I belong to and I'm its second vice-president...which means I'm responsible for several things.  Most currently the judging of the Chapter Challenge Quilts.  I'm not judging them -- thank goodness.  They are beautiful and I hope to have pictures here by next weekend sometime.  Scott Murkin is judging them and I've been coordinating between him and Dragonfly Quilt Shop, where the judging will take place.  We finally settled on a date and then I took the quilts to the shop where Patty will hang them for us.  If you are anywhere near High Point, NC, go by and look at the quilts in person.  They are exquisite.

The High Point Quilt Guild also met this week and Ellen Freeman gave a program on needleturn.  It sure was great to see her again!  She is such an inspiration both spiritually and quiltingly.  Such a rare and wonderful lady!  I am encouraging her to get some of her patterns published.

Then I had lunch with Karen, who was our 2013 quilt show chairwoman, and we discussed the show and things that we can do to make it better.  All of them were doable.

So here's where I need to post my obligatory picture and discuss quilting stuff.  But between meetings and work this week, I haven't had a lot of time to work on anything. Even Tuesday night's Sit and Sew held the guild's nominating committee talks.  However, I did finish two charity quilts for our guild's lap quilt program (we make the quilts for the chemo patients at the local hospital).  They're identical and a bit on the modern side -- at least for me.  I purchased two yellow and black charm square bundles for $3 each and this was the result:
I even machine quilted these two -- something I haven't talked about a lot here.  I just need to sew on the labels and they're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment