Thursday, January 20, 2011

I have class....

I took a class today from Carrie Pippins from Forsyth County.  I heard of Carrie through a good friend of mine, Ellen Freeman.  For years and years, I was a self-taught quilter until Hancock Fabrics offered a block-of-the-month club.  It was there I met Ellen and she took me under her wing and taught me lots of tricks and tips.  Ellen was in an applique block-of-the-month club with Carrie and I heard Ellen sing Carrie's praises for years.  So when Dragonfly Quilt Shop offered an applique workship with Carrie today, I had to take it.

This was the second quilt class I've take this month...really odd for me.  It's not that I'm one of those solitary quilters who doesn't enjoy quilting with a group, it's just there's finally a great quilt shop nearby offering really good classes at reasonable prices.  It would seem ungrateful if I didn't take advantage of this! 

Two classes, of course, now means two additional UFO's to add to my list, but it has also inspired me at a dreary time time of the year when my inspiration tends to run at an all time low.  Nothing like a room full of other quilters with bright fabrics and wonderful fellowship to kick start your creativity.

I am teaching one more time this month.  Saturday, January 22, I am teaching a beginning quilters workshop with the High Point Quilt Guild.  It's from 1 - 2:30 p.m. on the third floor of the High Point Library. 

Two classes taken...two classes taught.  My quilting karma is in balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment